Business Development Manager – Room Booking & CAFM software
Due to continued divisional growth we are currently seeking a self-motivated Business Development Manager to join our Room Booking technology sales team.
The suitable candidate for this role should have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Exchange & Microsoft Server environments. You will also have a good understanding of network infrastructures and protocols.
Effective and professional communication is fundamental to our success hence we are looking for people who are customer-focused and can engage with customers at all levels of technical knowledge.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with one of the UK’s bestselling solutions and engage with high profile clients. Product & Solution training will be provided.
- Uncover new business opportunities in a pro-active and innovative manner.
- To achieve the monthly and yearly set individual and divisional targets.
- To ensure all the clients within your responsibility are kept up to date with new products and services being offered.
- To build personal and company relationships with all the clients within their responsibility.
- To ensure that all pricing, proposals and tender documentation is returned in a professional and timely manner as requested by the clients within your responsibility.
- To feedback client information to the Divisional Manager.
- To monitor that the service levels being provided by A+K are in accordance with client expectations and to escalate accordingly.
- To maintain relationships with external suppliers on pre-sales commercial issues.
The successful candidate will ideally be based in the surrounding London area, have a proven sales track record, excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to specify, demonstrate and deliver our solution to the highest standard.
Full UK driving license required.
If you feel you could make a valued contribution to the continued success of Anders + Kern UK Ltd please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org * or by post to:
Steven Black, Managing Director
Anders+Kern UK Ltd
James Carter Road
Job reference: TEKStars STE207
Job title: Channel Development Manager – North Region
Reporting to: Head of Education
Steljes encourages team work across the whole business. The above responsibility list is not exhaustive & you may be asked & will be expected to do tasks outside of your normal job description in or outside of your team.
Overall purpose of position:
- To deliver high quality communication and outcomes to key channel partners ensuring account growth & development.
- To support key education end user opportunities.
- To maintain and develop sales across a specified list key accounts as well as other accounts on a more ad hoc basis.
- To manage an opportunity pipeline that is 3 times your incremental revenue target, working with the account list to support both channel and end user strategy to win deals.
- Proactively engage with resellers to formulate, agree and execute strategic and tactical plans to grow reseller business with Steljes.
- Update and maintain account information within existing and new systems being responsible for data management for the account set.
- Maintain outstanding relationships across all Steljes internal and external teams.
- Introduce new products and services to grow business with resellers.
- Ensure resellers fully comply with Steljes Terms and Conditions, including payment terms – all commercial matters.
- Produce forecasting and progress reports to a high standard and on time.
- Manage time efficiently using Microsoft Outlook as a reporting tool ensuring a minimum threshold of appointments is met each week.
- Attend 1-1 meetings on a regular basis to review key results, job standards and self-development.
Qualifications, experience and expertise:
- An interest in the AV product portfolio including interactive technologies.
- Strong commercial/ sales skills.
- Understanding of the UK education market.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- A strong desire to succeed in a highly competitive environment.
- The ability to execute against strategic goals, and to act upon their own initiative.
- Detailed record keeping and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think laterally and identify business development opportunities.
- Acceptance that the role involves a significant amount of travel which will require some overnight stays away from home and travel outside of working hours
- Proven track record of experience and of success in external sales in distribution or similar fast moving environment, preferably within the AV or broader IT industry. A track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- An understanding of the challenges currently faced within education and the sales opportunity that this provides for Steljes.
- Knowledge or experience direct from Education.
How to apply:
Please send your cv and a covering note to: email@example.com with the job title in the subject line of the email.