Promethean is a global education company that improves the quality of education by developing, integrating and implementing innovative 21st century learning environments that motivate students to learn. The company is headquartered in Blackburn in Lancashire, England, with U.S. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, please visit http://www.prometheanworld.com
- Hands on mechanical design responsibility for one or more parts/sub-assemblies ( new or currently in development)
- Obtain prototypes, conduct fit and function checks through to full measurement and performance verification
- Integrate parts with overall mechanical and electrical system and debug parts related issues
- Create full specifications, test reports and progress reports for the design.
- Ensure design achieves lowest possible material costs and is fit for volume manufacture
- Formulate test regimes and work with product testers to ensure product quality
- Finalize the mechanical design package release it for manufacturing.
- Support manufacturing ramp up to achieve high, stable yield.
- Support in-life issues.
- Several years hands on design and development experience in mechanical design developing commercial products for volume production
- Good knowledge and experience of plastic injection moulding, metal fabrications, castings…
- Experience of rapid prototyping methods
- Experience of Inventor CAD or similar
Education and qualifications:
- Higher National Certificate / Diploma or equivalent is required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar is desirable
How to apply:
Please follow the application procedure at: https://promethean.appellia.com/login.aspx?pid=38401