Job title: In House Technical Design Specialist
Job reference: TEKStars CD0516/1
Location: Position is based in CDEC’s Southern HQ in Orpington
In House Technical Design Specialist
CDEC has been fulfilling the AV needs of both the corporate and public sectors since 2000, from education and corporate to retail and digital signage, we cover a broad range of verticals nationwide, adopting a partnership approach with both clients and manufacturers to ensure that every installation is tailored to the individual needs of each project.
Our pioneering team of technical experts are split between the company headquarters in Kent and our Northern office near Manchester, ensuring we are well equipped to cover a variety of projects nationwide.
We are looking for an experienced In house Technical Design Specialist manager to join our HE/FE Team in our thriving Southern office.
Main Duties include:
- Review of tender requirements and design and specify products ensuring that it is fitting the customers’ requirements.
- Production of written technical equipment specifications and technical responses detailing the reasons behind equipment choices where necessary
- Ensure that the technical responses are fully compliant and produced in a timely fashion
- Production of a project plan showing key activities, milestones, checkpoints and resource needs as needed
- Produce design schematics drawings
- Attend site meetings with Clients as required.
- Experience in high end automation products (AMX, Crestron, Extron) design experience.
- Prince 2 Qualification (desirable)
- SMSTS Certification (desirable)
- CTS-D (desirable)
- CAD or Stardraw experience (Or Equivalent)
- Good knowledge of network protocols
- Good Communication skills- both written and verbal
- Competent in project management methodology (professional project management accreditation is desirable)
- Ability to successfully manage the expectations of and communicate with project stakeholders
- Ability to translate the project objectives into a set of project tasks
- Excellent planning skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver projects in time and within budget
How to apply:
Please send your C.V. and a covering letter to Derek.email@example.com.