TEKSTars Reference: TEKPro01/11/15
Job Title: Channel Marketing Manager – International
Location: UK (Office Location if UK/US: Blackburn – Promethean House)
Promethean is a global education company that improves the quality of education by developing, integrating and implementing innovative 21st century learning environments that motivate students to learn. The company is headquartered in Blackburn in Lancashire, England, with U.S. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, please visit http://www.prometheanworld.com
Working with the International Marketing and Sales functions, you will build profitable relationships with reseller and vendor partners in order to execute an on-going programme of marketing activities to support the growth of the business, on time and to budget.
- Geographical scope Europe, Central Asia, Middle East and Asia Pacific
- To strive to operate in line with our Values & Ways of Working at all times.
- To collaborate with the sales team to agree effective channel plans which provide added value activities and seek out new opportunities for cross selling
- Network with channel partners to proactively seek opportunities to influence channel sales through the creation of value propositions and messaging ensuring competitive advantage is communicated throughout to increase
- Promethean exposure and maximise the value from the CMF budget.
- Plan, lead and deliver on annual partner conference
- Manage key strategic Promethean led events within the international region
- Understand how Prometheans’ USP’s and value propositions can be amplified within the channel.
- Manage/drive participation in day to day running of partner programmes to ensure buy in and engagement and that promotional initiative and activities provide a good ROI
- Management of CMF budget, including accurate forecasting and reporting.
- International Channel marketing experience
- Solid understanding of channel marketing programs and strategies
- Good presentation and written abilities
- Project Management experience, for the purpose of maintaining partner timelines and milestones
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done
- Ability to negotiate mutually beneficial marketing opportunities with potential partner organizations
- Ability to operate with a customer focused/partner advocate mindset
- Solid analytical skills regarding ROI and KPIs
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, creative thinking and decision making.
- Experience and ease with external facing communication (both written and verbal)
- Strong communication, experience of working within matrix structures
- Marketing degree or equivalent
How to apply:
Please follow the application procedure at: https://promethean.appellia.com/login.aspx?pid=39689
Job reference: TEKStars STE207
Job title: Channel Development Manager – North Region
Reporting to: Head of Education
Steljes encourages team work across the whole business. The above responsibility list is not exhaustive & you may be asked & will be expected to do tasks outside of your normal job description in or outside of your team.
Overall purpose of position:
- To deliver high quality communication and outcomes to key channel partners ensuring account growth & development.
- To support key education end user opportunities.
- To maintain and develop sales across a specified list key accounts as well as other accounts on a more ad hoc basis.
- To manage an opportunity pipeline that is 3 times your incremental revenue target, working with the account list to support both channel and end user strategy to win deals.
- Proactively engage with resellers to formulate, agree and execute strategic and tactical plans to grow reseller business with Steljes.
- Update and maintain account information within existing and new systems being responsible for data management for the account set.
- Maintain outstanding relationships across all Steljes internal and external teams.
- Introduce new products and services to grow business with resellers.
- Ensure resellers fully comply with Steljes Terms and Conditions, including payment terms – all commercial matters.
- Produce forecasting and progress reports to a high standard and on time.
- Manage time efficiently using Microsoft Outlook as a reporting tool ensuring a minimum threshold of appointments is met each week.
- Attend 1-1 meetings on a regular basis to review key results, job standards and self-development.
Qualifications, experience and expertise:
- An interest in the AV product portfolio including interactive technologies.
- Strong commercial/ sales skills.
- Understanding of the UK education market.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- A strong desire to succeed in a highly competitive environment.
- The ability to execute against strategic goals, and to act upon their own initiative.
- Detailed record keeping and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think laterally and identify business development opportunities.
- Acceptance that the role involves a significant amount of travel which will require some overnight stays away from home and travel outside of working hours
- Proven track record of experience and of success in external sales in distribution or similar fast moving environment, preferably within the AV or broader IT industry. A track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- An understanding of the challenges currently faced within education and the sales opportunity that this provides for Steljes.
- Knowledge or experience direct from Education.
How to apply:
Please send your cv and a covering note to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line of the email.
Job reference: TEKStars OPT201
Job title: Channel Communication Executive
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Remuneration: Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension and up to 25 days holiday per year – subject to service requirements.
Optoma is a world leading designer and manufacturer of projection and sound products for business, education, professional audio/video and home entertainment. The Optoma NuForce sound range is designed for people that care about audio. They are built from premium quality components to deliver sleek design and exceptional sound. The Optoma Group has continental headquarters in Europe, the USA and Asia; whilst Optoma Europe, based in London, covers Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).Design.
• Graphic design of marketing collateral for sales including flyers, e-flyers, banners, adverts, display material and email signatures; To arrange print of flyers and banners for various shows, making sure they are a high quality and within budget, looking for the most competitive prices. To input into and deliver activity from the annual home, education and business and audio marketing plans
• Day-to-day management of Optoma’s social media vehicles including managing and scheduling posts and posting content for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Analysing and reporting on the effectiveness of social campaigns and posts.
• Maintaining a high level of customer service through social media when dealing with customer issues or complaints.
• Event planning and management across all channels (i.e. gaming and home cinema shows)
• Planning marketing strategies across the channels to maximize the marketing budget in the most effective way
• Management of UK Sales databases
Supporting the UK Sales team, the candidate must show experience in:
• Designing marketing communications material using the full Adobe Creative Suite– InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator
• Using an e-flyer system – Dotmailer, Forfront or similar
• Event management
• They must have proven success in the development and delivery of social media campaigns in a business capacity
• The candidate must be creative, proactive and very organised for this busy role.
How to apply:
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com