Job reference: TEKStars STE207
Job title: Channel Development Manager – North Region
Reporting to: Head of Education
Steljes encourages team work across the whole business. The above responsibility list is not exhaustive & you may be asked & will be expected to do tasks outside of your normal job description in or outside of your team.
Overall purpose of position:
- To deliver high quality communication and outcomes to key channel partners ensuring account growth & development.
- To support key education end user opportunities.
- To maintain and develop sales across a specified list key accounts as well as other accounts on a more ad hoc basis.
- To manage an opportunity pipeline that is 3 times your incremental revenue target, working with the account list to support both channel and end user strategy to win deals.
- Proactively engage with resellers to formulate, agree and execute strategic and tactical plans to grow reseller business with Steljes.
- Update and maintain account information within existing and new systems being responsible for data management for the account set.
- Maintain outstanding relationships across all Steljes internal and external teams.
- Introduce new products and services to grow business with resellers.
- Ensure resellers fully comply with Steljes Terms and Conditions, including payment terms – all commercial matters.
- Produce forecasting and progress reports to a high standard and on time.
- Manage time efficiently using Microsoft Outlook as a reporting tool ensuring a minimum threshold of appointments is met each week.
- Attend 1-1 meetings on a regular basis to review key results, job standards and self-development.
Qualifications, experience and expertise:
- An interest in the AV product portfolio including interactive technologies.
- Strong commercial/ sales skills.
- Understanding of the UK education market.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- A strong desire to succeed in a highly competitive environment.
- The ability to execute against strategic goals, and to act upon their own initiative.
- Detailed record keeping and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think laterally and identify business development opportunities.
- Acceptance that the role involves a significant amount of travel which will require some overnight stays away from home and travel outside of working hours
- Proven track record of experience and of success in external sales in distribution or similar fast moving environment, preferably within the AV or broader IT industry. A track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- An understanding of the challenges currently faced within education and the sales opportunity that this provides for Steljes.
- Knowledge or experience direct from Education.
How to apply:
Please send your cv and a covering note to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line of the email.